Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin is a program by the government of India to ensure housing for all by 2022. Under this, there is a credit link subsidy scheme on home loans for properties.
This mission was approved during March 2016.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022. It has two components: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) (PMAY-U) for the urban poor and Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin) (PMAY-G and also PMAY-R) for the rural poor.
Did you know that buying a home is a better option than renting one nowadays? A home is everyone's dream, a place where we create most of our memories but for many of us, a home still seems out of reach. Well, not anymore, because the Government of India's new scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna aims to ensure housing for all classes in the society.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna or PMAY is a credit linked subsidy scheme that offers subsidy on interest levied on housing loans. The scheme is primarily aimed at providing housing for all. Therefore, understandably, all those who already own a home or any of their family member own a home, are kept out of the benefits of PMAY. This scheme is for applicants hailing from economically weaker sections, low-income groups, and middle-income groups. In case of a married couple, either of the spouse or both together in joint ownership will be eligible for a single subsidy.
Prime Minister: Narendra Modi
Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
Key people: Hardeep Singh Puri
Launched: 25 June 2015; 3 years ago
Purpose of the scheme are as follows :
1. To build affordable strong houses with water facility, sanitation, and electricity supply.
2. It also aims to address the shortage of nearly 20 million housing units by rural and urban poor.
Specific features of the scheme :
1. Preference will be given to female applicants.
2. The ground floor of the houses will be given to physically abled or senior citizens.
3. Construction developers are strictly following eco-friendly development technologies.
4. More affordable.
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, a home buyer can avail home loan for following purposes -
1. New or resale purchase of a home.
3. Extensions or improve the rooms, kitchen, toilet, etc. i.e renovation of the house.
4. Acquisition of house
5. Repair of a house
So if your combined household income is up to 6 lakh rupees and you belong to lower income group and you belong to the economically weaker section you can avail an interest subsidy of 6.5% for a loan amount up to 6 lakh rupees maximum of which can be 2 lakhs sixty-seven thousand two hundred and eighty rupees.
So if your combined household income is between 6 lakh rupee to twelve lakh rupees and you belong to middle-income group 1 under this scheme you can avail an interest subsidy of 4 % for a loan amount up to 12 lakh rupees maximum of which can be 2 lakhs thirty-five thousand and sixty-eight rupees.
Likewise if your combined household income is between 12 lakh rupees and 18 lakh rupees that is you belong to middle-income group ll under this scheme, hence you can avail an interest subsidy of 3% for a loan amount up to 12 lakh rupees maximum of which can be 2 lakhs thirty thousand and one hundred and fifty six rupees.
All these subsidies are calculated for a tenure of 20 years.
Eligibility criteria to avail Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna depends on the income group you fall in.
The documents required are :
1. KYC documents and photograph.
2. Aadhar card is mandatory.
3. Salary slip of certificate and updated bank statement for salaried applicants.
4. Income tax returns of the last two years and bank statement for self-employed applicants.
5. Self-certificate or affidavit as proof of income.
6. Customer declaration undertaking.
7. Additional application form.
You can visit any bank or housing finance company like DHFL and enquire about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
How To Apply Online Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana PMAY Form 2019
Watch this Video know about How to apply online Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
Tollfree Helpline numbers
National Housing Bank: 1800-11-3377, 1800-11-3388
Source: Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India