How tobacco harm us?
Two poisons in tobacco that affect peoples' health are:
- Carbon monoxide is found in car exhaust fumes and is fatal in large doses. It replaces oxygen in the blood and starves organs of oxygen and stops them from being able to function properly.
- Tar is a sticky, brown substance that coats the lungs and affects breathing.
There are many bad effects of smoking.
- Brain- Smoking can increase the likelihood of having a stroke by 2 to 4 times. Strokes can cause brain damage and death.
- Bones- Smoking can make bones weak and brittle, which is particularly dangerous for women, who are more prone to osteoporosis and broken bones.
- Coronary heart disease - narrow or blocked arteries around the heart. It is among the leading causes of death in the U.S.
- Heart attack - smokers are twice as likely to have a heart attack.
- Immune System- The immune system protects the body against infection and disease. Smoking compromises this and can lead to autoimmune diseases, such as Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lungs- Perhaps the most obvious part of the body affected by smoking is the lungs. In fact, smoking can impact the lungs in a number of different ways.
- Mouth- Smoking can cause bad breath and stained teeth, as well as gum disease, tooth loss, and damage to the sense of taste
Everyone knows the harmful side effects of tobacco. Still, a large number of people are attached to it. unfortunately, the young generation is also getting attracted to tobacco products such as Cigarettes, Various powder form of tobacco etc.Tobacco is something that affects the human body slowly. Maybe that's why people don't care that much though they know every negative sides of tobacco.
Tobacco industry in other country :
Country like Bhutan and Nepal stopped making tobacco products officially. These Countries have strict laws about tobacco product selling and buying in a public place. It is illegal to smoke and have tobacco products openly in Nepal and Bhutan. First world country like America has put a high rate of taxes on Tobacco products. Indirectly that makes a lot of smoker control themselves.
What is India thinking about the Tobacco Industry ?
Unfortunately, India is still not aware about this social-Cancer. It is not even illegal to produce tobacco products and sell them in a public place. There is also no age limitation of buying tobacco products. As a result, a large number of people who usually don't smoke are becoming a pray of passive smoking.
Steps that should be taken immediately :
India should ban tobacco immediately. The tobacco products are spreading health issues like Cancer, serious Suffocation problem etc. Whenever a large number of people will get affected by serious health problems, the good quality of human resource of that country will be decreased naturally.
Steps to be taken to spread awareness :
Awareness among society especially among the young generation should be spreaded. The government should take active action to spread awareness in schools, colleges and other places to make people aware. Counseling should also be done to them who are chain smoker or too much attracted to tobacco products.
There are some opposite opinions too about banning tobacco :
- Having tobacco products are the personal choice so govt can't make interference in personal choice.
- Every year Indian govt makes a high range of tax from the tobacco industry. That's why suddenly Govt can't ban this industry.
- Lakhs of poor people are having their bread by working in this industry. Suddenly banning of this industry will make them helpless.
Govt should offer substitute Jobs for the people who are attached with this industry and make sure that they are not dying out of hunger and then Govt should ban the Tobacco Industry. May be having tobacco is a personal choice, still, it harms others by passive smoking. That's why for the sake of society Tobacco Industry should be banned in India immediately.