Nayi Manzil Yojna is a special scheme of Indian Government for minority communities. To promote education and employment among the youth of the country, the scheme is stared on 8 Aug 2015. The minority communities in a democratic country are often neglected. However, many schemes are developed keeping in mind the benefits of the majority.
To solve this problem, the Indian Government launched a scheme in order to promote the wellbeing and development of the minor community. In terms of economic and social development. Minor communities are struggling to get an education and earn a proper livelihood. The main objective of this program was to reduce poverty among minorities.
Nayi Manzil Yojna Objectives
- The first objective of this program was to provide education to the eligible youth of the minority communities. Indian Government achieved this through the open schooling system. This helped them to get a certification of class 8 and 10. This ensures that they get basic education making them ready to learn further skills.
- Another objective is to increase employment and skills. For that, focus on providing skill training, which can be useful for employment. In fact, the skills include soft skills also.
- Placement support is also provided after the completion of training. So that students can get employed in the market, and get a proper livelihood.
Minority communities supported-
This Indian Government scheme supports many types of minority communities. But it mostly supports the youth. Also, School dropouts from a minority within the age group of 17 to 35 years. But from below poverty line families. The scheme supports the family holding BPL cards. Minority concentrated blocks or MCB is a place, where the minority population is less than 25%.
Such places with minority beneficiaries are covered under the Indian Government scheme. However, there are certain non-minority districts or cities, where pockets of concentration of minority are prevalent. In fact, such pockets also come under the Nayi Manzil Scheme.
This scheme does not only support BPL families of minority communities. But it also supports BPL families of non-minority communities. About 15% of the candidates considered for this scheme. These belong to non-minority communities from below the poverty line. This ensures inter-community solidarity and friendship.
Nayi Manzil Yojna implementation
The project implementing agencies for PG implemented this Indian government scheme. These are either private or government agencies, which are selected for the special purpose? So, a special community called steering community supervises and guides the whole project management unit. IMO established this. Domain name system is in the project at ground level.
Another community is also formed, which provides advice and guidance on deciding the curriculum for the training outrage. Also, keeps an eye on ensuring gender equality and social inclusion. Apparently, checking that all the minority communities can come together and make the scheme a success. The name of the committee is called the Technical Advisory Committee.
Achievements of the Scheme
The scheme has been highly successful. Since its launch, it making the lives of several people better. In fact, it has played a very important role in the development of minority communities. Check the following important achievements of this Indian government scheme:
- A whopping 60304 students had enrolled in the program to date.
2. 378 CM centres started Education classes.
3. A large number of females has enrolled for the program constituting 42% of candidates.
4. 28% of candidates were to enrol in OBIEE program or open bases education.
5. 61% of candidates enrolled in secondary education.
6. Rupees 11 7.97 crores expended in 2016 to 17.
7. Rupees 93.7 3 crores spent in 2017 to 18.
How to apply for Nayi Manjil Yojna?
One can apply for the Indian Government Nayi Manzil Yojana through the official website.
Click on the Nayi Manzil Yojana apply online option. After that, a new page will appear, where you can fill-up the form and submit online.
Before filling up the form make sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria for application. You will need to provide all the details about yourself with proof.
Type of training provided-
1)Tourism and hospitality industry
2)Food processing industries
Benefits of the Indian Government scheme:
- Education for girls and youth of minority communities who had dropped out of school.
- Certificate of 8th and 10th from NIOS.
- Soft skills training in the sector of your choice.
- Placement support for individuals completing the training successfully.
- Monitoring the working conditions of the placed individuals to ensure minimum standards