This one-pan dish is simple, but really looks the business when you’re trying to impress. Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is a delicious chicken rice recipe made using chicken and rice mixed together by adding aromatic spices into it.
Chicken Biryani is a Hyderabadi rice dish consisting of steamed rice mixed with lentils, raisins, carrots chicken. It is the most popular dish in Hyderabad and is considered the national dish.
Chicken Biryani is yet another Hyderabadi delight known for its incredible taste. Unlike other Hyderabadi recipes, this chicken recipe is easy to make and can be prepared with some easily available ingredients like chicken, rice and southern spices, which together makes it an amazing dish.
Traditionally a Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is made by layering marinated chicken and partially cooked rice. The pot is then sealed and dum cooked to trap the flavors, Making a good Hyderabadi chicken biryani takes a considerable amount of time to plan and cook
This scrumptious and delicious Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe is apt for lazy weekends when you don’t want to spend all your time cooking an elaborate meal. If you are fond of spicy food, then you can alter this traditional recipe by adding ingredients as per your palate preference. So, no non-vegetarian can ever say no to this tempting recipe.
This aromatic Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is a heavily flavored one pot meal of rice and chicken. This fragrant rice dish is very rich in taste but needs only a few ingredients. Chicken pieces are marinated, sauteed and then cooked with the rice in aromatic spices.
Who wouldn’t like to binge on this heavenly and mouth-watering dish? You should simply look at the steps given below and try this recipe soon.
|Preparation Time:||10 min|
|Cooking Time:||40 mins|
|Resting Time:||0 mins|
|Total Time:||50 mins|
Ingredients for Hyderabad Chicken Biryani:
|Basmati rice:||1½ cup|
|Roughly chopped Onion:||1 (medium)|
|Finely chopped Onion:||1 small|
|Garlic:||5 cloves, 2 cloves finely chopped|
|Carrot (thinly sliced):||1/3 cup|
|Bay leaf:||1 (large)|
|Saffron:||1 tsp (get the best quality if possible, it’s the key of the dish)|
|Ground Nutmeg:||2 Tsp|
|Ground Green cardamom:||1½ tsp|
|Pistachio:||2 tbsp, halved|
|Cashew nuts:||2 tbsp, halved|
||4 tbsp, soaked in water|
|Yogurt:||1 cup, lightly beaten|
|Warm Water:||1 cup|
Clarified butter or any cooking oil: ¼ cup (I will insist you use clarified butter or butter for the authentic taste)
- Hard-boiled egg: 4
- Fresh salad
- Lemon wedges
- A dollop of clarified butter
- Chopped Onions
- Yogurt Raita
- Mirchi Ka Salan
- In a heavy pot, fry the onions until golden brown. Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes and add to the onions. Add salt and spices. Add water. Mix well, cover and cook until the chicken is done – about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the carrots into toothpick-size pieces. Fry them in vegetable oil with sugar until tender. Remove from oil. Add raisins to the oil and fry until they swell up. Remove from the oil. Add almonds to the oil and brown. Remove and set aside.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the water and set aside. Add rice to the remaining chicken stock. Add salt and enough water as recommended for the rice. Boil until the rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is done, remove from the pot and put it on an oven-safe casserole. Place chicken on top of the rice, cover and cook at high flame for about 20 minutes.
- Serve by placing the chicken on a serving plate, cover it with the rice, and topping it with the carrots, raisins, and almonds.
Watch this video to learn how to cook Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
Chicken Biryani is best served with yogurt raita or Mirchi ka Salan.