Digital India is a campaign launched by the Modi Government in 2015. For providing government services in the electronic format, to aid the technological progress of the country. It has helped in the past 4 years, to keep up and run the other associated government schemes. Like, Make in India, Startup India and Standup India, and industrial corridors. Also, the schemes like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, dedicated freight corridors, UDAN-RCS and E-Kranti.
The Digital India initiative is owned by Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL)
Initiatives are taken by digital India
According to PM, the main aim of demonetisation was to eradicate corruption to a certain extent. As well, to improve the technological status of our country by increasing the use of e-commerce. Similarly, this scheme was taken up to improve the connectivity in all parts of the country. Especially, the rural areas. The facilities provided by this initiative are as follows:
- Bharat net
- Digital locker
- National scholarship portal
And many more….
Digital India programme and the portal
A portal has been opened to provide many of the services under the initiative. In fact, under one website. The various services provided by the portal are:
- Accessible India mobile app –This app is created to forward equal learning opportunities to the special strata of society (people with disabilities). It helps improve the connectivity even across the most inaccessible parts of the nation.
- Agrimarket App –This is an app to make agricultural information accessible to farmers from all over the nation
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao –This works against female infanticide and
- BHIM –This app is designed to simplify payment transactions, in a safe and efficient way.
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Services –An IT detection networking app to enable criminal activity tracking
- Digital AIIMS –A unique health number is given to each registered name which is linked to your aadhar.
- Crop insurance mobile app
- E- granthalaya – Many in house library service and online memberships
- E- panchayat- helps the panchayats of the most remote villages to communicate with one another
- E-biz – to improve the business efficiency of the country
- ECI EVM tracking- poll tracking app
- Edistrict- efficient and interesting way of sharing greetings to your family and friends on vaious government holidays
- Ehospital- management of multiple hospitals efficiently and makes communications between them easier
- eNAM- agriculture market
- ePathshala- provides all kinds of educational textbooks and information
- EPFO web portal
and many more…..
The portal has many of the most popular services provided by the scheme under the same website.
You need to register to be able to access the services on the website: https://digitalindiaportal.co.in/
Digital India platform
The digital India platform is an initiative under the Digital India scheme. In order to recruit more people into extending the benefits of the initiative to all part of the country. Also, to provide incentives to the contributors.
You can contribute by registering onto the site: https://digitizeindia.gov.in/
This initiative was taken up by the Digital India scheme to digitize the data and reduce the paper load in the government office. It is a way to reduce the paper documents to snippets. So that it converts them into digital documents.
You can also submit your own government documents for digitalisation to reduce the document load.
How to register and contribute?
- Log onto the website https://digitizeindia.gov.in/
- Register as a user and fill in all the details asked
- Log in with the username and password
- Work will assign to you for the digitalised process.
- There will be editors who will review your work. And correct accuracy.
- The reward is given accordingly.
Digital payment is another addition to digital India to aid cashless and paperless transactions between two parties. It was undertaken to fight the evil of corruption and to forward the use of E-commerce even in rural areas.
The site of information for the online payments is http://cashlessindia.gov.in/
It provides a UPI to each registered person and provides services. For example, mobile banking, Internet banking, and wallets. Also, other services like micro ATM, ATM online cards, etc.
Digital India logo
Digital India slogan
The slogan of the digital India initiative is “Power to Empower”
Digital India registration process
Go to the website of the digital India platform https://digitalindiaportal.co.in/
Click on the “register” option
The registration form will come up and ask basic details. Like, name, gender, age, address, and the aadhar number. Then, choose a username and password for your account. After that, click on the “agree to terms and conditions” and submit.
Once you are done registering, click on the login button. And log into the site. You can then choose what service you wish to utilise.
Benefits of Digital India
- Cashless transactions- alleviating corruption
- Paperless documents- easy accessibility
- Connectivity between all parts of the country is improved
- Education status is improved
- Easier access to all kinds of information
Disadvantages of Digital India
- Not everyone, especially the rural area population, knows how to use digital devices to access this
- A network connection is still not available everywhere
- Lack of research on the benefits