- Neil Nitin Mukesh recently gave an interview with PTI, where he opened up about his struggles in the Bollywood industry
- He compared the industry to a boxing match, and that it has taught him to fight for himself
- He expressed his gratitude to have worked with some of the greatest filmmakers like Sriram, Vishal Bhardwaj and many more
- He called his journey “educational” and evolving with time
- He states that he realised early on that the industry is never stagnant and filled with twists and turns
- He also spoke about his writing debut, Bypass Road, and why he chose this idea for the film
- Bypass road, is set to be released on 8th November 2019.
Neil Nitin Mukesh, an Indian Bollywood actor, recently gave an interview with PTI, where he opened up about his struggles in the Bollywood industry, and also spoke about the people he worked with and his upcoming writing debut- Bypass Road.
He compared the Bollywood industry to the likes of the boxing match, and says,
“the industry has taught me that it’s a boxing match, where every friday there’s a knock that you either get up or give up. the whole idea is not to lay down, you’ve to get up. you’ve to keep coming up. the industry has taught me to fight for yourself big time. you have got to prove, not in a bad way, but an empowering way.”
He also expressed his gratitude in working with some of the greatest film makers like Vishal Bhardwaj, Sriram, Kabir Khan and Bejoy Nambiar, who inspired and taught him about film making. In regards to his journey in the industry, he says,
“the journey has been extremely educational . i never had any formal training in acting before i became an actor… everyday has been an evolution for me, learning from so many film makers of the country. even done films in different languages and all kinds of movies.”
The bollywood actor states that he has never been able to understand the number game in bollywood and that it was never about the number of movies he acted in, and rather, the kind of people he had opportunity to work with.
In regards to the evolution of the industry, he states,
“it suprises you every time you feel you’re in the best phase. but then there’s a new spin. that changed my perspective a lot.”
He further went on the talk about his latest, upcoming movie, directed by his brother Naman Nitin Mukesh,
“i knew that somewhere the digital platforms are going to take over, about three and a half years ago. i had finished writing the first draft and i was also working on 12 other ideas. i went back and chose this one because i thought if ott comes and it’s booming by the time i could make it, then it would’ve become obsolete. i would’ve been too late to make the film.”
Bypass Road, starring Neil Nitin Mukesh is a thriller, set to be released on November 8th 2019.