- Kuch Kuch Hota Hain was released 21 years before, and on the anniversary, Karan Johar revealed his true opinions of the movie
- In an interview with MId-day, he revealed that Shah rukh Khan’s character lacked a spine, and his charm was his endearing factor
- He states that there was no logic to the movie or characters
- He revealed that the script wasn’t how he had initially planned it out, but changed it to service his lead better
- When asked about what he would want to fix, he states that he would give SRK more of a spine and an emotional quotient
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hain was Karan Johar’s first directorial debut 21 years back
On the 21st anniversary of Karan Johar’s directorial debut, Kuch Kuch Hota hain, Karan johar revealed his true opinions about the film. The film features Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Kajol and Jaya Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor and Hritik Roshan.
Karan Johar, in an interview with Mid-day, revealed his true emotions behind the film. He criticizes the movie and its characters. About the lead character, Rahul, he said,
He states that there was no logic or backstory to the characters, amd states that the plot of the eight-letter given to Anjali by her dead mother, was illogical as well.
When talking about the particular scene before Anjali’s wedding when Rahul taunts her, he says,
When asked about what he would change about the film, he says,
He was asked about the changes he went through as a director, and he states that his sensibilities have changed since, due to being surrounded by newer and younger energies. He also has become more comfortable with himself and stopped the comparisons with other competitors in the showbiz.