Sachin Tendulkar was born April 24, 1973, in Bombay, India. Introduced to cricket at age 11, Tendulkar was just 16 when he became India’s youngest Test cricketer. In 2005, he became the first cricketer to score 35 centuries in Test play. In 2008, he reached another major milestone by surpassing Brian Lara’s mark of 11,953 Test runs. Tendulkar took home the World Cup with his team in 2011 and wrapped up his record-breaking career in 2013.
Sachin Tendulkar was born in Bombay, at Nirmal Nursing Home situated in Dadar. He belongs to a Maharashtrian Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin family. His father was a very famous Marathi novelist and poet. His mother, Rajni worked in an insurance company. Sachin spends his formative years in a housing society named Sathiya Sahawas Cooperative situated in Bandra (East). In his younger age, Tendulkar was considered as a bully boy and often picked up fights with students in school. Sachin also has an interest in tennis because his idol was John McEnroe.
Sachin Tendulkar started his education career at Sharadshram Vidyamandir High School where he had also started his cricketing career under the mentorship of coach Ramakant Achrekar. During his school days, Sachin also attended the MRF Pace Foundation in order to train himself as a fast bowler. One of Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee advised him to focus on his batting as he was unimpressed with his bowling.
When Sachin was young, he used to practice for hours in nets. Coach Achrekar used to put a one Rupee coin on the top of stumps & bowler that who will dismiss Sachin will get this Rupee coin. If nobody could do so during that session, Tendulkar was awarded that one rupee coin. It is often said that Sachin has not given his board exams due to cricket. Its also said that he has failed Grade 10th board exams three times. Sachin Tendulkar education qualification is 10th pass. He did not graduate from any college. Sachin had studied in Vilasam highschool Mumbai.
Family and Relationship
|Father||Ramesh Tendulkar (Novelist)|
|Mother||Rajni Tendulkar (Worked as an Insurance Agent)|
|Sister||Savita Tendulkar (Elder, Half-sister)|
|Brother||Nitin Tendulkar (Elder, Half Brother), Ajit Tendulkar (Elder Half-brother)|
|Weight (approx.):||65 Kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
Sachin Tendulkar Total Runs
Facts About Sachin Tendulkar
- Does Sachin Tendulkar smoke?: No
- Does Sachin Tendulkar drink alcohol?: Yes Sachin Tendulkar Drinks Alcohol
- He was born to a well-known Marathi novelist, Ramesh Tendulkar at Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay.
- His mother, Rajni, worked for an Insurance Company.
- He was named after the famous Indian Music Director, Sachin Dev Burman.
- Sachin has 3 elder siblings (2 half-brothers Nitin and Ajit & a half-sister Savita). They were from his father’s first wife, who died.
- His formative years were spent in the “Sahitya Sahawas Cooperative Housing Society” in Bandra (East). Sahitya Sahawas Cooperative Housing Society
- The young Sachin was considered a bully in his neighborhood.
- He developed an interest in Lawn Tenis and started idolizing John McEnroe.Sachin Playing Lawn Tennis
- It was Sachin’s elder brother, Ajit, who recognized his cricketing ability and introduced him to Cricket in 1984. He brought Sachin to Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park in Dadar, Bombay (now in Mumbai).
- After being impressed with Sachin, Achrekar advised him to shift his schooling to Sharadashram Vidyamandir (English) High School in Dadar. Sachin moved to his aunt’s home in Dadar, as it was nearer to the school. Sharadashram Vidyamandir (English) High School in Dadar
- He started practicing hard at the Shivaji Park, and during the net practice, Achrekar used to put a coin on the middle stump and offer the bowlers that he would give that coin to the bowler who would get the wicket of Sachin.
- At Sharadashram Vidyamandir, he scored 329 out of a world-record stand of 664 along with Vinod Kambli.
- Soon, he became a case of the child prodigy at his school.
- He became a good friend of Vinod Kambli at Sharadashram Vidyamandir. Sachin and Kambli
- His sister, Savita, gifted his first bat in his life.
- He initially wanted to become a fast bowler, however; when he went to the MRF Pace Foundation, Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee advised him to focus on his batting instead.
- At the age of 17, he met his wife Anjali for the first time at the Mumbai airport and married to her 5 years later.
- He is the co-owner of the Kochi ISL team in the Indian Super League Football League in India with PVP Ventures owned by Prasad V Potluri.
- He made 15 runs in his Test Debut and zero (Duck) in his ODI Debut, both Vs Pakistan.
- Although everyone knows that Sachin made his international debut in 1989 against Pakistan; however, very few would know that his first taste of international cricket was two years earlier, not playing for India but for Pakistan. In 1987, during a festival match between India and Pakistan at Mumbai’s Brabourne stadium, when Javed Miandad and Abdul Qadir left the field at lunch time, Sachin was asked to field. Imran Khan placed him at long-on, and soon, Kapil Dev hit the ball in the air in Sachin’s direction; Sachin tried but could not reach the ball. 
- He loves celebrating “Ganesh Chaturthi” festival and considers it as the most important day of the year. Sachin Tendulkar Worshiping Ganesha
- Apart from cricket he loves other sports like Tennis, Football and Formula 1 and is a huge fan of John McEnroe, Diego Maradona, and Michael Schumacher.
- He owns a restaurant in Colaba, Mumbai called “Tendulkar’s.”Sachin Tendulkar Restaurant
- He is the youngest Indian player ever to feature in Tests and ODIs at the age of 16.
- He is the first and the youngest Indian sportsperson to be awarded Bharat Ratna.Sachin Tendulkar with Bharat Ratna
- He has also been a Member of India’s upper house of parliament (Rajya Sabha).
- Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher gifted him a new Ferrari 360 Modena in 2002.Sachin Tendulkar with Michael Schumacher
- He was a ball boy during the 1987 World Cup semi-finals between India and England at Wankhede stadium, Mumbai.
- He is ambidextrous, i.e. he bats and bowls with his right hand but writes with his left hand.
- In 2003, he made a special appearance in a Bollywood film called “Stumped.”
- Sachin Tendulkar is said to be so concerned with his game that when he was struggling to score runs throughout the 2003 season, he even changed the way he used to play. Earlier, he had been dismissed on a number of occasions driving at wide balls outside his off stump, and when he scored 241* against Australia in January 2004, there was no driving outside the off stump. That’s the determination this great player has towards his game.
- The 1998 Sharjah Tournament is considered to be his best tournament as he single-handedly helped India reach the finals and also made a significant contribution helping out India emerging victorious.
- On 24 February 2010, he became the first Cricketer to score a double hundred in an ODI. He set this benchmark against South Africa at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, India. Sachin Tendulkar 200 Not Out Against South Africa At Gwalior
- In 2008, his wax statue was erected in London’s Madame Tussauds. Sachin Tendulkar Madame Tussauds
- He has his own personalized kit in which he carries a painting of Tri-color (Indian National flag) by his daughter Sara.Sachin Tendulkar With His Kit
- His upper-cut to Shoaib Akhtar for 6 during the 2003 World Cup is considered his epic shot ever by his fans.
- Sachin has a magnum heart and every year he sponsors 200 underprivileged children through Apnalaya, a Mumbai-based NGO associated with his mother-in-law, Annabel Mehta.