- Short Introduction:
Priyanka Chopra was born on July 18, 1982, in Jamshedpur, India. When she was in high school, Chopra won the Miss India pageant, and she soon followed it by taking the 2000 Miss World pageant as well. On the heels of that international success, Chopra turned her sights to the film world, and in the past 15 years, she has become a huge star, appearing in nearly 50 films, chiefly in the Bollywood system. She made a splash on American television with the FBI drama Quantico, which aired from 2015 to 2018.
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Age (as in 2018)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow|
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
At the age of 20, Chopra made her debut in the 2002 film Thamizhan and followed it that same year with Jeet: Born to Win. Of her debut, Chopra was clear: “I hated it!” she has said. “I wanted to leave the industry once I did it! I didn’t know what I was saying or doing.”
In 2003 she appeared in her first Bollywood film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. That same year she appeared in Andaaz, and this kicked off a long string of films, including Plan, Kismat, Asambhav, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, and Amitraz — incredibly, all released in 2004. While most of these films underperformed at the box office, Chopra found success with the romantic comedy, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi.
Not content with making five films in a single year, in 2005, Chopra starred in six, including Blackmail, Karam, Yakeen and Barsaat, none of which were box-office performers. She followed these in 2006 with two of the year’s most successful films, Krrish and Don, but she was also in four other films that year that came and went unnoticed. In 2007 Chopra found little success at the box office, and in 2008 she returned with another six more. One of her 2008 films, Fashion, struck a chord with critics, and in 2009 Chopra stretched her abilities playing 12 different roles in What’s Your Raashee?
In 2014 she starred in the title role of Mary Kom, a film based on the real-life story of the female boxing champion. The film was the first Hindi-made movie to premiere on opening night at the Toronto International Film Festival and put Chopra in the global cinema spotlight once more.
In all, over the course of her short career, Chopra has appeared in nearly 50 films, with more recent titles including Agneepath, Barfi! and Bajirao Mastani.
In 2015 Chopra signed on to the cast of Quantico, an American TV show about FBI recruits. With the role, Chopra became the first Indian woman to star in a leading American TV network drama and marked her most visible crossover to date from Bollywood to Hollywood. The show and Chopra’s performance received praise from critics and audiences alike, with the actress claiming a number of People’s Choice Awards for her work.
In May 2018 ABC announced that Quantico would not move forward to the fourth season. Its complex storyline and heavily serialized nature were said to be contributors to its rating decline.
Chopra’s international fame has allowed her to star in more prominent Indian films, including Bajirao Mastani (2015), which became one of the biggest box office hits in India. Her portrayal as a general’s wife brought her a slew of awards.
In America, Chopra wasn’t so lucky when she starred in Seth Gordon’s Baywatch (2017), as it was panned by critics, but some admittedly found her character as one of the highlights of the comedy.
- Physical Appearance
|Height (approx.)||169 cm|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg|
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
- Family, Friends, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Caste:
• After the rumors of her alleged affair with Akshay Kumar, she and Akshay Kumar mutually decided not to work together post-Waqt.
• Her alleged affair with Shah Rukh Khan created a lot of fire. It all incepted when Shah Rukh started giving special treatment to Priyanka recommending her to filmmakers to cast her in the film. Also, her regular visits to Shah Rukh’s house Mannat and also at various other events miffed his wife Gauri Khan. After all these sequences of incidents, Gauri made it clear that she didn’t want her husband to work with Priyanka anymore, and as a result, both stopped working with each other.
• After she shared her photo on the cover of Maxim India where the actor looked flawless, it went viral, not because of her beauty but her armpits that many thoughts looked photoshopped without any underarm wrinkles.
• She had a twitter battle with comedian Tanmay Bhat after he mocked her accent just like many others on social media. “When I say @priyankachopra’s name in my head I now automatically pronounce it like “Priyanka Chopra”,” he tweeted.
• On 1 June 2018, in an episode of the International TV show ‘Quantico,’ Priyanka played the role of an anti-terrorist officer who stopped a nuclear attack in Manhattan just a few days before an India-Pakistan summit. During her investigations, she finds a “Rudraksha” rosary, a religious Hindu symbol on the neck of a suspect to carry out the attack that was devised by Indian nationalists to frame Pakistan in a nuclear terror attack. This stirred controversy as most of the Indians slammed Priyanka for tarnishing the image of India globally. As a measure to control the outrage, she took to her Twitter handle and apologized.
Some Facts about Priyanka Chopra
- Does Priyanka Chopra smoke?: No
- Does Priyanka Chopra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Priyanka was born in a family of physicians, as her parents were physicians in the Indian Army.
- Due to her parent’s regular transfers, she relocated to different places such as Bareilly, Lucknow, Delhi, Pune, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Ambala, Mumbai, and the USA.
- After finishing high school, she participated in a local beauty contest called ‘May Queen,’ which she won.
- At the age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges.
- Though she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, after winning the Miss India contest, she dropped the idea as she was getting many film offers.
- Many people think that she made her acting debut with the Bollywood film The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy (2003), but she actually made her acting debut with a Tamil film called Thamizhan (2003).
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film got shelved.
- It was Abhishek Bachchan, who gave her the name Piggy Chops during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa are her cousin sisters who are also actresses in Bollywood.
- She was the original choice for Umrao Jaan in 2006, but due to her busy schedule, the role was done by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- She won the National Award – Best Actress for her film ‘Fashion’ (2008).
- She played 12 different characters (for each zodiac sign) in the film What’s Your Raashee? (2009).
- She is a trained singer in western classical music, and released her first single, In My City, in the US in September 2012.
- She is a close friend of Hollywood actor Gerard Butler.
- She is a gadget freak and loves collecting cameras.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Italy’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo museum.
- She always carries candies in her purse.
- It is believed that she underwent a series of plastic surgeries to enhance her nose and lips.
- She is an animal lover and adopted a tigress, Durga, and a lioness Sundari, who live in Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
- She was skeptical about signing Quantico in 2015, due to its long duration.
- A few weeks after their marriage, Priyanka and Nick got their Simpsons caricatures by the “The Simpsons” illustrators Stefano Monda and Nino Russo.